Thursday, October 21, 2010

Entry 10- Clear and Cold

    I promised to update this more frequently, with shorter posts, so here you all go. I have said a lot in these past entries about the wetness and dampness of England, but as claimed by those who live here, it does get sunny and stay relatively dry in Norwich. The sun is a different sun, not like the warm sun of southern California, but more a sun that sheds light on the ant like inhabitants that roam the expanse of the earth beneath the celestial bodies of the heavens. Needless to say, jeans and a t-shirt do not cut it on sunny days here, thus a sweatshirt and a beanie are needed to keep my pink body from looking like a chunk of chicken breast in the meat aisle of your local supermarket. The other day before I had lectures on why Germany was not really Germany in the late 1800's (even after the German states were unified, they had nothing to nationally identify with (a flag, anthem, common enemy) until just before the turn of the 20th century (Look, you just learned something today. Go ahead, share that one at the dinner table)), I grabbed my camera and snapped some photos of the field nearest to my living accommodation.
I'd say it's fairly picturesque on a nice day...

The Road to Narnia

Lion King Tree

Well, I hope the days like this outweigh the days that don't.  I am making the promise now though, of using this field for a legit Narnia photoshoot when it snows... lamp post and all shall be included. This is just one of the large open expanses around campus, so I will be sure to post some photos of the others as well. Until our next crossing...

Tried and True,
The Pirate Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment